miércoles, 30 de enero de 2013

Javier Fernandez Press Conference in Madrid for the International Olympic Comittee

I translated into English the Press Conference that Javier Fernandez gave yesterday in Madrid for the International Olympic Comittee. Here you have a link to the video in youtube and my translation. It's not the same translating into your own language that into a foreing language, so I'm sorry if there is some grammar mistake.






When I found I was the European champion I really didn't believe it because it's what happens to each sportmen, with his first international medal, this big, you don't really believe it. I just hope to do it again and I'm going to work for that.

Best memory

After getting out of the podium, to have found my parents in the middle of thousands of people. I found them, and I said "oh, my parents", so just as I saw them, I skated through the rink and I couldn't stop until I hugged them. 

Goals

People are going to want more medals and that's what I'm going to do, I'm going to work to achieve them. I'm going to give my 100%, the 100%, I have to get to achieve it. If it happens it's ok, and I hope it happens, but you never know what can happen. 

Getting out of Spain 

 It was hard because I didn't know the language, I didn't know how to live without my parents, I knew how to do absolutely nothing. Thereafter I was seventeen and I went to an unknown country with unknown people. To rent and appartment, to go to Ikea, to buy yourself the whole house, and without ligh, with nothing, to ensemble those Ikea's beds with candles in the middle of the night. It sounds funny, but that time, that day I was there and I was thinking "oh my God, in which time I had pick a flight, and I've come here, to the other side of the world to do this."

Have you had some Ikea's screws left? 

Screws, those plags... everything. I don't know if they send more in purpose, or we really didn't know how to ensemble it properly. 

Little by little I've got ahead, there have been hard things, a lot of hard things, above all the fact of not being here, in Madrid, home, but I think that you have to make an effort to everything, all sportmen are doing it, and I, of course, have to do it too.
  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario